Update to OSG 3.0 GlideinWMS VO Frontend Installation documentation for v2.7.2.rc2
This is to document the changes being made to the OSG 3.0 GlideinWMS VO Frontend Installation documentation for v2.7.2.rc2.
I've only gotten part way through it. There will be more to come.
Changes to OSG 3.0 documentation - GlideinWMS VO Frontend Installation
a. Updated the list of /etc/condor/config.d
b. Added removing the /etc/condor/config.d/00personal_condor.config file
c. Added editting the CONDOR_IDS and CONDOR_ADMIN attributes
d. Added verifying the other attributes
e. Updated the 03_gwms_local.config example. It was not accurate.
2. Using other Condor RPM's ...
a. updated the /etc/condor/config.d file list
3. Added a Verify configuration section after the configuration sections
4. Create a Condor grid mapfile.
a. Tried to provide a better explanation of the DNs required and which ones
relate to the frontend.xml file
5. Added a restart condor section.
Made more sense for it to be at then end.
Feedback on this part would be appreciated.
#1 Updated by John Weigand about 7 years ago
- Assignee changed from Burt Holzman to Parag Mhashilkar
This is kind of important. Throughout the document is refers to a User Submitter (aka Glidein delegated proxy) proxy which I totally did not understand. I changed this to pilot proxy. This could be me but the term User Submitter has me confused with a real end user who is submitting jobs to the Frontend schedd service.
If this is the term (User Submitter) we want to use, please advise and I will change it back
I added a "Release" section below "Description". It seemed to make sense that we line up the doc with a particular release. this could be in violation of OSG standards but it makes sense. Advise if it needs to be taken out.
1. Added a section "VO Frontend Certificate/Proxy Requirements" identifying the host/proxy
required for the Frontend communication with the other glideinwms services.
And for the pilot proxies required for the glidein pilots
1. Did a little cleanup in here to make it more readable. Added some color coding to distinguish between the 2 proxies needed.
2. Changed some wording in terms of the
1. Cleaned up this section a bit and reorganized slightly with more color coding and the
name change for the pilot proxy.
2. Tried to make the example map better to the template but they are still out-of-sync.
1. Did a little clean up here but did not get a chance to verify how this make-proxy-sh script really works especially when you are talking about a voms proxy which I believe will require a password.
+ Validation of Service Operation+
1. Change to reflect latest condor config changes in the daemons section.
Did not get a chance as yet to review these sections...
- Adding Gratia Accounting and a Local Monitoring Page on a Production Server