Project

General

Profile

Bug #4046

GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use in group scope does not correctly override GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use in global scope

Added by Parag Mhashilkar over 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Parag Mhashilkar
Category:
Frontend
Target version:
Start date:
06/10/2013
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
First Occurred:
Stakeholders:
Duration:

Description

I just confirmed on our test instance this appears to be a glideinWMS bug.

With require_glidein_glexec_use="True" the frontend requests glideins fine if GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use is set to REQUIRED and defined in the global attribute section.

However I moved the REQUIRED attribute to the frontend group and set GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use to "NEVER" in the global section, to mirror the glow frontend's setup.

When this happens, the frontend no longer considers it a match:
[2013-06-10T14:31:45-04:00 15952] Jobs in schedd queues | Glideins | Request
[2013-06-10T14:31:45-04:00 15952] 1( 1 1 1 1) 0( 0 0) | 0 0 0 | 0 0 Down Unmatched

Next, I set require_glidein_glexec_use="False" in the factory and reconfigured. Interestingly again the frontend was ok:
[2013-06-10T14:34:53-04:00 15952] Jobs in schedd queues | Glideins | Request
[2013-06-10T14:34:53-04:00 15952] 1( 1 1 1 1) 0( 0 10000) | 0 0 0 | 1 2 Up CMS_T2_US_UCSD_gw6@v2_0@ITBGOC@glidein-itb.grid.iu.edu

Also, the glideins themselves seem to get the correct setting in the configuration:
in the job .err log:
GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use="REQUIRED"

So in summary to reproduce this error:
1. set GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use to NEVER in the global section of frontend config
2. set GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use to REQUIRED in the frontend group section
3. in the factory config, set require_glidein_glexec_use="True" in the entry

And the frontend stops sending requests.

Jeff

History

#1 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 6 years ago

  • Occurs In v2_5_3 added

Workaround for now is to remove the global GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use attribute and explicitly setting the attribute in each group.

Details: GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use is converted to be Factory query expression and global and the local section get internally ANDed by design. This creates a conflict. My proposal is to change the behavior internally and not make GLIDEIN_Glexec_Use part of FactoryQuery expressions in the beginning but considered explicitly at the group level. Unless anyone objects I will go ahead with this in implementation when I get to fixing it.

#2 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 6 years ago

  • Occurs In v2_5_4, v2_5_5, v2_5_6, v2_5_7, v3_0, v2_6, v2_6_1, v2_6_2, v2_7, v2_7_1 added

#3 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar about 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from v2_7_2 to v3_2_x

#4 Updated by Burt Holzman about 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from v3_2_x to v3_2_1

#5 Updated by Burt Holzman almost 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from v3_2_1 to v3_2_2

#6 Updated by Burt Holzman almost 6 years ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to High

#7 Updated by Burt Holzman almost 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from v3_2_2 to v3_2_3

#8 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar almost 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from v3_2_3 to v3_2_4

#9 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago

Changes are in branch v3/4046 I have done some basic testing and will open it up for review after some more testing.

#10 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Parag Mhashilkar to Marco Mambelli

I did some more testing and it seems to be working as expected. Please review.

#11 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • Assignee changed from Marco Mambelli to Parag Mhashilkar

Made changes as per Marco's feedback and merged it back to branch_v3_2 and master



Also available in: Atom PDF