Project

General

Profile

Meeting #4015

Meeting Minutes 6 June 2013

Added by Lauri Carpenter over 6 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Start date:
06/06/2013
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Duration:

Description

Present: Randy, Michael, Mitch, Svetlana, Jim, lauri
Discussion about the DB and what to do about keeping it trim.

ACTION ITEMS:
- SL will add rreitz, lauri, zalokar, fromm to k5login for postgres account on tissue-dev, tissue-int so that we can use pgToolman to monitor performance, activity, etc. (and so that we can kill our own orphaned sessions, etc.). Not in prd at this time (not until we prove ourselves worthy).
- SL will look at autovacuum configuration parameters, we may want to change from the setting of "after 500 deletes" (which takes about 1 second and happens all the time) to some sort of interval; we also may need more autovacuum workers)
- llc will look into creating global temporary "popup" tables for snapshot_data rather than using permanent table. (Creating snapshot_data_for_<snapshot_id_here> table and then dropping it should help with leaving dead space in the db).

SL suggests:
- drop index on snapshots.vlan column (index on char data is bad; look for this elsewhere too).
- also indexes are not recommended on timestamps, see if we can remove these too for snapshots
- partitioning helps when size of table approaches size of memory, last resort and not really applicable for us (at least not yet)
- need to analyze queries carefully (hence we need access to the pgToolman utilities)



Also available in: Atom PDF