FileCatalogMetadata service improvements.
Here is a list of requested improvements to FileCatalogMetadata service.
1. FileCatalogMetadata requires the fileType attribute to be set via fcl parameter at program initialization (or it throws an exception). FileCatalogMetadata should allow fileType to be null at program initialization, so that programs have the option of making the fileType determination later, after the first input event has been seen.
2. FileCatalogMetadata currenly allows you to add metadata, but its interface doesn't provide the ability to delete or change existing metatata. The interface should give full modify access to the metadata owned by FileCatalogMetadata.
3. A fairly minor point, but it would have been better if the internal collection type were multimap<string, string> instead of vector<pair<string,string>>, because of the richer interface of multimap compared to vector (efficiency is not really an issue). If FileCatalogMetadata adds a non-const accessor to the internal collection (as it should) the case for multimap is only strengthened.
4. As a reminder, FileCatalogMetadata should add built-in per-job attributes fileFormat and group (see issues 3743 and 3744).
#2 Updated by Christopher Green about 7 years ago
- Due date set to 09/30/2013
- Category set to Metadata
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version set to 1.09.00
- Start date deleted (
- Estimated time set to 32.00 h
- Scope set to Internal
- Experiment - added
- SSI Package art added
Accepted to within changes agreed at the SAM meeting of three months ago. Note forthcoming.
#3 Updated by Christopher Green about 7 years ago
- Estimated time changed from 32.00 h to 16.00 h
- Item (1) to be implemented as specified.
- Item (2) to be deferred in favor of specified order of duplicates (see issue #3746).
- Item (3) to be deferred in favor of specified order of duplicates (see issue #3746).
- Item (4) is fulfilled by issues #3743 and #3744.
Time estimate revised downward to reflect reduced requirements.