Art should support generating per-file user-specified sam metadata.
Experiments need to be able to add their own experiment-specific metadata on a per-file basis. The metadata requirements document, as well as the current implementation, only supports user-specified metadata on a per-art-execution basis.
#3 Updated by Christopher Green over 7 years ago
According to notes from the meeting on 2013-06-18:
- Need per-output user-specified SAM metadata. Need to be able to set an item that would clear when the output file closes.
- Need new hooks to allow modules to accumulate information based on whether a particular event is selected by a given output module? This seems to be better implemented as a signal/slot rather than as module methods, but that constrains the user to implement services rather than modules.
- May need to change signatures of existing hooks (
- Distinguish between per-stream and per-stream-per-file metadata?
- Special request that FHiCL and command-line metadata items are always first in the list of metadata items so they can be dealt with consistently in the output of
#8 Updated by Christopher Green over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
New plugin type (see header documentation at source:art/Framework/Core/FileCatalogMetadataPlugin.h). Trivial example at source:test/Integration/TestMetadata_plugin.cc.
artmod has been updated in cetpkgsupport to generate a template for this new plugin. See
artmod --help-types for details.