Project

General

Profile

Bug #3246

artmod generator

Added by Martin Frank about 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Infrastructure
Target version:
Start date:
01/10/2013
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Occurs In:
Scope:
Internal
Experiment:
-
SSI Package:
Duration:

Description

Dear ART Team,

I used artmod to create the skeleton for a generator and it did not compile right out of the box, so I just wanted to let you know what I changed. Please let me know if any of my changes are not the ideal thing to do.

Here is how I created the generator:

artmod generator novaddt::NovaFragmentFileReader

and here are the issues I ran into:

1. artdaq/DAQdata/FragmentGenerator.h needs an extra "h" to make it artdaq/DAQdata/FragmentGenerator.hh.

2. FragmentPtrs needed the artdaq namespace to make it artdaq::FragmentPtrs.

3. I needed to add noexcept (true) to the destructor to make it as strict as the method it inherits from.

4. Chris already fixed this, but for completeness' sake, the following header had to be changed from #include "art/Framework/Core/ModuleMacros.h" to #include "artdaq/DAQdata/GeneratorMacros.hh".

Thank you for maintaining this artmod function, it makes our lives much easier!

Regards,
Martin

Associated revisions

Revision b920d99a
Added by Christopher Green about 7 years ago

Merge branch 'release/v1_03_04'

Fixes necessary for art-hoguh and issue #3246.

History

#1 Updated by Christopher Green about 7 years ago

  • Category set to Infrastructure
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee set to Christopher Green
  • Target version set to 1.03.04
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#2 Updated by Christopher Green about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF