Add fragment ID checking to some combination of RawEvent, EventStore, and builder.cc.
I believe that we should have the ability to see a MessageFacility warning or error message for each event that has duplicate fragment IDs or fragment IDs out of range, and I don't think that we want the program to stop when this happens. I suspect that this will require changes to the RawEvent and EventStore classes, and possibly to builder.cc. (It's not clear to me at the moment where the MF message should be created - in the library or the application code.)
Also, there should probably be some flag in RawEvent that we can use downstream to see that such an event has this data corruption.
- Target version set to 576
- Estimated time set to 32.00 h
The generation of the message probably won't take too long (say 4 hrs). Adding a flag to the data to indicate the problem would be noticeably more work if the infrastructure to flag events needs to be added (say 32 hours)
- Estimated time changed from 32.00 h to 8.00 h
- Category set to Needed Enhancements
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from New to Work in progress
I've started implementing this feature on artdaq:feature/3186_SMEM_FragmentIDChecking.
- Related to Feature #5958: Add the ability to flag various conditions in a RawEvent added
- Status changed from Work in progress to Resolved
- Related to Idea #23778: Dynamic reconfiguration of EventBuilder sources added
I have added fragment_id and expected_fragment_ids bookkeeping to DAQInterface on branch artdaq-utilities-daqinterface:feature/3186_BookkeepFragmentIDs. I have tested this using the simple_subsystems and complex_subsystems simple_test_configs.
Also available in: Atom