FactoryMatchAttrs never used
This is from an old e-mail:
I just noticed that we never use
in the code!!!!
While we do use JobMatchAttrs in condor_q,
we never implemented the equivalent for the condor_status toward the factory.
I cannot think of a good reason why we are doing it this way; seems like a bug to me.
The net result is that we are loading much more than needed the factory collector, wasting network bandwidth and frontend resources (both memory and cpu).
PS: This is definitely not a showstopper for v2.5.2, since it has been working like this for a while.
BTW: I ran a test comparing run times with and without filtering.
For CMS, the matching phase takes about 15% longer without FactoryMatchAttrs filtering.
(77s vs 66s)
I did this a long time ago, but we never merged it. Making it a proper bug and putting it in a renamed branch for review.