Migrate installers to use subprocess, not popen
In #2634 we migrate the main codebase from popen to subprocess. The installers should follow suit.
#2 Updated by John Weigand about 8 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
- Assignee changed from John Weigand to Parag Mhashilkar
Ready for review.
branch_v2plus_3128 commit: 27d1f75f736389d5c40ea4dbd201f5ac0faa4bf8
Modified the ini installer to use the new subprocessSupport.py module in
place of the deprecated commands, system, spawn and popen python modules.
The subprocessSupport.py module was also modfied for the following:
1. additional useShell argument in the method to allow the command to be
executed through the shell. This was needed in the cases where pipes,
wildcards and other shell features were needed. It previously was set
to False thus not allowing this capability. Added to the doc for this.
2. Fixed a minor problem with the calling of the CalledProcessError
Exception where the exitStatus was always being changed to zero.
3. Also fixed a minor problem in the CalledProcessError class where it
never output stderr from the call.
Note: the q/a installer was not modified at this time.
A separate ticket should be generated for this.
#6 Updated by John Weigand over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Changes cherry-picked into master
The lib/subprocessSupport.py was added to the master with the
commit. The original add in v2plus was done back in June 2012
but apparently have not yet been merged into the master branch.
This should not present any problems as there were no basic
changes to the original code. Just some fixes and an optional
additional argument in the call.