Remove isRealData instances from checks for MCTruth
Anything that can run on data and MC should not be looking at the isRealData flag.
Chris will make a simple function one can ask BackTracker service if there is Truth present.
Will press on different package developers to make the necessary changes/removal of isRealData flag check
Goal: To have this resolved for next round of production
#1 Updated by Gavin Davies almost 8 years ago
OK, whilst writing the ticket Chris made the BackTracker function: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/novaart/repository/revisions/3703
New function HaveTruthInfo(). Should replace most uses of evt.isRealData().
#2 Updated by Christopher Backhouse almost 7 years ago
Hall of shame, to be investigated, found using ack:
- Calibration (I think we're mostly using this as a proxy for whether or not we should sum planes by view)
Some of these might be OK. Others pretty definitely not.
#3 Updated by Christopher Backhouse about 6 years ago
- CAFMaker - to fill the metadata. That's probably OK
- Calibration - "expert" use, probably OK
- Filter - this should be using the BackTracker function
- IFDBSpillInfo - I think this is OK
- MCCheater - this is OK
- MCCheckOut - should use the BackTracker function
- RecoJMShower - All over the place. We shouldn't be switching on data/MC at all for a PID!
- ShowerAna - should use the BackTracker function
- ShowerLID - Same comments for RecoJM
Looks like we could close this with a little work, only two years behind schedule