Re-organize glidein pilot documentation
I am working on #2455, and I noticed that the glidein-specific documentation is
located under the factory documentation branch.
This is not really appropriate, since both the factory and the frontend can influence
how the glideins behave.
Here are a few offending pages:
Should we create a dedicated "glidein" documentation branch?
#1 Updated by Douglas Strain almost 8 years ago
This being the first time I've looked at these pages, I think I agree in some
areas with Igor. Most appears to be Factory oriented though. Some is a bit
confusing as to what it applies to. I a looking at Bug #2882 which asks that
doc be added for HA support and I would not have thought to have looked here to
add any. (of course, unless I am wrong in my assumption that 2882 applies only
to the frontend).
Keep in mind my high level of ignorance in this part of the system. So consider
this as coming from a "dumb" user.
- these do all appear to apply to the Factory/WMS Collector
- all but the #frontend_vars (Frontend Client Variables) applies to the Factory.
I would think this should go under the Frontend doc with maybe a link only in
this section. That way it is maintained only in one place. My only question
here is "Are these passed to the Factory from the Frontend? or are these set in
the Factory?". If in the Factory, they should stay here. If in the Frontend,
they should move to the frontend. My rationale is that if I am a frontend user
only I would not think to look in the Factory doc for this.
- 1st of all, how did I get to #custom_code other than a reference in the glExec
section. It seems like it should be in the "Jump To:" menu section of
- one item of note, in the "Jump To:" menu, where is "Command Line suppose to go.
- the "security handles" section applies to both the factory and frontend and it
is definitely not clear. (I know I have a ticket to remove this entirely).
This is one that should be in both the Factory and Frontend.
- the "Using TCP to send updates to the Collector" is another one that applies
to both. If I was a frontend only user, I wouldn't look here.
- the "Multiple Collectors" section applies to both factory and frontend but the
doc here only mentions the wms collector use case. Also the method defined is a
q/a method requiring a script. We have the other method documented here:
where it is self contained in the condor_config file(s).
This section also defines the config file changes for the factory AND frontend
that are required.
#3 Updated by Douglas Strain over 7 years ago
- Assignee changed from Douglas Strain to Burt Holzman
I think the factory/frontend documentation split makes more sense than trying to split out documentation into a glidein pilot documentation. I think this ticket should be closed. In any case, I will assign to Burt to decide what to do with it.