Support #2139: Check support for platform SL6
Migrate popen calls to subprocess for SL6 compatibility
#3 Updated by John Weigand about 8 years ago
Started tests yesterday 11/6 and had it run through the night with user jobs being submitted continually.
Appeared to have no problems. The only change needed was to:
- creation/lib/cvWCreate.py hash: fd949ca755b7b3d4d343017f8db5f099c078ebe2
RRDs, best i can tell, look fine.
#4 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar about 8 years ago
- Assignee changed from Parag Mhashilkar to Douglas Strain
I made quite a bit of changes to get it working. John has done the testing and so far hasn't found any runtime issue. Doug can you please review the code? Its in branch_v2plus-2634 and has v2.6.2 merged into it. So diffing it wrt to v2_6_2 tag should give you the changes made to use subprocess.
#6 Updated by Douglas Strain about 8 years ago
- Assignee changed from Douglas Strain to Parag Mhashilkar
Ok, I have reviewed the code and have also deployed a one-node install using this branch. No problems with the install or glidein submission. Only minor issues with the code review. No show-stoppers, so feel free to merge once you look at the below list and do any of them you want.
Here are my comments from the code review:
1) Both ini installer and Q&A installer use os.popen and not subprocess
2) which function in glideFactoryLib is useful. I think this should be pulled out into lib/subprocessSupport or exeSupport or something.
3) which function should also be documented more. The behavior for which('/tmp/python') for instance is to return None. That's the same as the which command, but could be clarified.
4) rrdtool_exe should use which
5) condorExe could use which
6) in iexe_cmd there is a comment "This should eventually do the right thing". I am not sure what it means, but it scares me.