Mechanism for file selection in Glidein files
A Glidein will download arbitrary files from Factory and Frontend.
Would be useful to have a generic mechanism similar to the HTCondor tarball download selection, where multiple files are made available in the stage area but only the appropriate one is downloaded.
A first to benefit would be the cvmfsexec extension (requested by CMS, OSG).
- file names have a base name and end with a set of selectors separated by a special character (dash?)
- add an attribute to the file basename:selectors_number ()
- selectors are dash (or dot? may confuse w/ extension/s .tgz .tar.gz) separated, last part of the name before extension
- no dots in the name except for extensions, no dashes in the selectors' names
- basename-setup - to run before the files
- basename-selector - to run to select instead of the default
- basename - used in the download list to trigger the proper download (may be replaced by -selector or -setup)
- use the variable if available (maybe variable before selector file? )
- use basename-selector if available
- add a default?
- OS - e.g. rhelX debX ubuntuX
- ARCH - architecture x86 x86_64 ppc64 ppc64le
- (control the current names used in other parts, e.g. condor tarball selection)
what else could be useful and generic?
just name or % or other char for macro substitution
This is self-contained, bash development, could be an internship project:
Flexible, system-dependent pilot extensions