Add the ability to recognize w/ auto-select also PPC architectures
The Italian site CINECA has a cluster, Marconi 100, with powerpc machines (ppc64le architecture).
Would be nice for the AUTO selection to recognize also this platform.
- Glideins download an HTCondor stripped down tarball from the Factory
- the Factory builds this starting from an HTCondor tarball (during upgrade command)
- there is no official PPC tarball (I researched and the closest one is an EPEL RPM of ancient v8.3)
#1 Updated by Marco Mambelli 4 months ago
- research of possible tarballs to build the glidein one
- work w/ Tommaso (CINECA) to build a PPC tarball
- test that the tarball from Tommaso works: v3 is OK
- request to OSG (Tim Theisen) to update the EPEL one to the latest production HTC.
- The hold-back was the support for CREAM that has gone away as 11/30 with the end of OSG 3.4 as I pointed out
- OSG will start the process to release HTC 8.8.12 for EPEL 7 (RHEL/CentOS 7)
#3 Updated by Marco Mambelli 4 months ago
- Assignee changed from Marco Mambelli to Marco Mascheroni
- Status changed from New to Feedback
Changes are in v36/25275
Note for the ticket: ppc64le - is the little-endian version of PPC64 processors (for easier compatibility w/ x86) introduced w/ Power 8. Binaries are incompatible w/ ppc64 (regular PPC 64-bit architecture).