Allow an override for the singularity path
Currently, the Glidein looks for Singularity in order in the following locations:
1. Look first in the path suggested, separate from $PATH (SINGULARITY_BIN, set by the Factory or Frontend)
2. Look in the default OSG location
3. Look in $PATH
4. Invoke module singularitypro
5. Invoke module singularity.
There was a request from Nebraska and the Singularity developers (Dave) to allow a local override controlled by the Site (local environment, some modification on the worker node...).
Since the OSG unprivileged singularity is tested before the PATH and setting SINGULARITY_BIN on the Factory or Frontend is not an option, there could be a workaround disabling unprivileged user namespaces.
#2 Updated by Marco Mambelli 2 months ago
Changes are in v36/25217.
Added GLIDEIN_SINGULARITY_BINARY_OVERRIDE to allow sites to override the Singularity binary
Fixed also a bug in the singularity setup, where OSG_SINGULARITY_BINARY was never picked from the environment and added missing documentation for variables.
- Optional: Look first in the override path (GLIDEIN_SINGULARITY_BINARY_OVERRIDE)
- Optional: Look in the path suggested va SINGULARITY_BIN (keyword OSG -> OSG_SINGULARITY_BINARY)
- Look in the default OSG location
- Look in $PATH
- Invoke module singularitypro
- Invoke module singularity