Testing and Installing 2 RCC at CMTF
2 RCC chassis are to be configured , tested and installed at CMTF for
Network configuration, fiber link to LLRF controller testing are being done on one
RCC and the other is installed at CMTF. These chassis will be shared with the LCLS-II based
RFS controller to be tested with SSR1 and have entries in that project also. The information is also relevant
for the Meson 650STC project.
#1 Updated by Philip Varghese 3 months ago
- Estimated time set to 4.00 h
- File SOCMFC2RCC_CommTest100HzWvfrm.PNG SOCMFC2RCC_CommTest100HzWvfrm.PNG added
The test procedure outlined in the document RCC@PIP-II was exercised on the SOCMFC - RCC setup in the lab.
A test waveform was successfully received and plotted as shown in the attached transcipt.
#6 Updated by Philip Varghese 3 months ago
- Estimated time changed from 0.50 h to 4.00 h
- File SSr1_QSFP_Config2.png SSr1_QSFP_Config2.png added
- File SSR1_Controller2_To_RCC_CommTest100HzWvfrm.PNG SSR1_Controller2_To_RCC_CommTest100HzWvfrm.PNG added
The second SSR1 controller for cavity 3,4 was connected to the RCC and the link was tested
with the test waveform from the socmfc. The data was received successfully at the RCC.
Although there are three QSFP connectors on each RCC, Sergio requested that both connections
from the two socmfc controllers be made to a single QSFP connector on the RCC. This configuration
is shown in the attached diagram. Some patch cables and connectors are needed for this purpose- they
have been ordered and should be here by tomorrow.
#7 Updated by Philip Varghese 2 months ago
- Tracker changed from Task to Milestone
- File SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Control_LinkStatus.PNG SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Control_LinkStatus.PNG added
- File SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Control_Settings.PNG SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Control_Settings.PNG added
- File SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Control_Waveforms.PNG SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Control_Waveforms.PNG added
- File SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Enabled.png SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Enabled.png added
- File SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Disabled.png SSR1_Cavity1_Piezo_Disabled.png added
After a lot of work put in by the team, the first SSR1 cavity piezo tuner was successfully tested in closed loop.
It was nice to see the whole mix of hardware and software from the fermilab LLRF controller to the LCLS-II RCC
work with ACNET/LABVIEW/EPICS to run the piezo tuner system.
The results are attached here for those who cannot access the e-log (182817) entry.