Beam Loading Compensation and DAQ modes
We need three modes of operation and DAQ. Pulsed mode and CW are spelled out in some TRS but DAQ for Beam Loading Compensation is not clearly defined.
1) Pulsed mod- external TTL trigger, Set Point, FF and BLC tables. something like 5 ms of DAQ with fast sampling.
2) CW RF with BLC and fast DAQ - Should be identical to pulsed mode except Set Point and FF are replaced be scalers. BLC should remain the same. DAQ should be 1us sample rate for 1000 points with adjustable start point.
3) CW RF with BLC and slow DAQ - All control is the same except we have continuous slower DAQ. Should be a switch between 2 and 3. In an ideal world these could run concurrently but this is not important now.
BLC implementation on Buncher 1 seems to work well although I am not sure about the learning feature.
Labview should look like Buncher 1 I think.
#1 Updated by Philip Varghese 12 days ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- File PIP-II IT CWwithDAQ forBeam.pptx PIP-II IT CWwithDAQ forBeam.pptx added
- File FE_FPGA_DAQ_Flowcharts.pdf FE_FPGA_DAQ_Flowcharts.pdf added
Beam loading compensation synchronized to the beam pulse, in CW mode, was implemented some time ago.
Current efforts are directed at synchronizing the CW DAQ with the beam pulse and to increase the DAQ
resolution from 5 us sample to 1 us.
To determine a route for implementation of this new mode the DAQ firmware/software details have been studied
and documented. Attached are the associated flowcharts, timing diagrams and options for creating this new mode
with minimal changes to the very stable streaming DAQ system currently in use in many systems.
#2 Updated by Shrividhyaa Sankar Raman 8 days ago
- Beam Synchronization Implemented for HWR Development System.
- As shown in the diagram attached below, the beam compensation is applied to the CW Control Output I and Q waveforms.
- Care must be ensured to select the CW Beam Synchronization button to see the below results.