make "trigger_paths" a non-dense array
In the recent release of art, we now can set the trigger bits of each given path, BUT the bits sequence has to be contiguous, in order to keep trigger_paths dense. The request is to allow trigger_paths to be non-dense. In this way, we can set arbitrarily the bits to the various paths.
This feature is especially useful for the Mu2e case because when we will be in data-taking mode, the Trigger Menu might change from Run to Run, thus having the possibility to keep the same trigger_bit to the same paths would immensely simplify the bookkeeping and the operations downstream needed to handle/process the data.
#4 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 10 days ago
- Estimated time set to 16.00 h
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Under Discussion to Resolved
- Category set to Infrastructure
- Project changed from cet-is to art
The feature is complete; I will be updating the documentation in the next few weeks. Changes necessary to implement this feature:
- Terms like "trigger bit", "bit position", or "bit number" are now obsolete. The correct term is now "path ID." Each path now has a path ID assigned to it (perhaps implicitly).
PathIDinterface instead of one that uses just
size_tvalues that (formerly) corresponded to trigger bits.
- With each path having an identifier, the same path name cannot be repeated in the
trigger_pathssequence. If repeating the path name in that sequence is desired, it must be prepended with the path ID:
- trigger_paths: [tp, tp] + trigger_paths: ['0:tp', '0:tp'] => N.B. Path ID must be the same for the same name