What's a router, switch, router-switch, etc.
The NodeLocator developer suggested using the file "infile.in" from m-s-nodelocator to seed network devices into NCIS.
- each line has ';' separated fields
- each line has these fields:
device mrtg poll type comment
- Ignore comment lines (lines beginning with '#') and lines containing "nopoll"
- Use NCIS device type router for the device in lines containing:
- cisco_native or cisco_router
- Use NCIS device type switch for the device in lines containing:
- cisco_2950 or cisco_4006 or cisco_ios or cisco_native or cisco_switch or gen_switch
- Use device type WISM for the device in lines containing:
- Use device type WAP for the device in lines beginning with:
Note: the lines beginning with '^w-' overrides any type found in the line.