Connect, instrument and test Berkeley Detune and Quench Detection Block
The detune and quench block is in place in the firmware and I believe that the inputs to it both signal and control are connected. Some checkout of the Python code used to generate the coefficients has happened.
We need this block to work to for resonance control to work with HWR, Tasks that I think we need to get it operational are:
1) Varify the inputs for proper scaling.
2) Connect the frequency error signal through a select switch to the PI Loop.
3) Get full understanding of the algorithm and the control registers
4) Readback the quench bit to LV
4b) Test in the lab and document what has been done.
5) Run scripts- May have to fake pulsed mode operation.
6) Get some help from Berkeley when we are ready for studies. (This could even be Monday afternoon if we can cleanly execute the earlier steps.)
This is a high priority group effort as we can do no more testing until this is done.
#1 Updated by Brian Chase 7 months ago
- Estimated time set to 20.00 h
- Subject changed from connect, instrument and test Berkeley Detune and Quench Detection Block to Connect, instrument and test Berkeley Detune and Quench Detection Block
- File tuning_dsp4.pdf tuning_dsp4.pdf added
Adding Larry's detune paper. There may be a newer version?
Also, I would like someone to put in links to the firmware and the Python scripts.