Feature #24546: Add the ability to use CVMFS on sites that do not provide local installations
Prepare separate scripts for mount and unmount of CVMFS
As per the discussion, cvmfsexec invokes a modified execution environment (similar to Python interpreter) within which CVMFS repositories can be mounted/unmounted by unprivileged users. Because of this modified environment, using cvmfsexec might not be straightforward to embed within the glidein scripts and hence, can be a difficulty in using cvmfsexec to mount and unmount CVMFS repositories on the worker node.
Instead of cvmfsexec, mountrepo/umountrepo can be used based on certain system info. The mount and unmount of CVMFS repositories will be separated into two scripts to make it easy to follow (rather than have both of them in a single script).
#2 Updated by Namratha Urs 6 months ago
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
Completed CVMFS feature development and tested the prototype locally on a worker node environment. Testing has been carried out with respect to the testing matrix (available on Github repo).
Four scripts have been designed as part of the prototype:
1. cvmfs_mount.sh -- for performing all the necessary checks to determine if CMVFS can be mounted or not.
2. cvmfs_unmount.sh -- for unmounting CVMFS that was previously mounted.
3. cvmfs_helper_func.sh -- contains all the functions that cvmfs_mount.sh and cvmfs_unmount.sh use (primarily, the former)
4. user_job.sh -- script that mimics the execution of user job after CVMFS is mounted.
All of these four scripts have been pushed to https://github.com/namrathaurs/gwms-cvmfs/tree/prepare-scripts (under prepare-scripts branch)
#3 Updated by Namratha Urs 5 months ago
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Completed development of scripts with pre-requisite checks, logging of system checks, mounting and unmounting of CVMFS. All code on branch prepare-scripts has been merged to the master branch. The code base for the prototype is now accessible at https://www.github.com/namrathaurs/gwms-cvmfs.