Improve the handling of curl and wget
File download is essential and it is tricky.
curl and wget have different versions behaving differently and many things can go wrong.
The functions in glidein_startup.sh need to be done more robust and modular, and maybe exported in glidein_lib.sh to be available to other scripts
- New problems come up periodically
- no debug messages (only warnings)
- some confusing messages, e.g.`wget_version=$(wget --version | head -1 )` may print "wget: command not found"
- wget/curl bits in fetch_file_base
- perform_download: generic function invoking both, to be added, common parameters, error checking at the end, maybe consistent error messages
- perform_curl: all curl specific stuff should be here
- perform_wget: all wget specific stuff should be there
- glidein_startup from factory 3.6.2
- There is no wget, using curl "./glidein_startup.sh: line 1683: wget: command not found"
- File seems OK, has signature line in web browser: https://igwn-frontend.nautilus.optiputer.net/vofrontend/stage/description.k6pi5q.cfg
- Error: No signature in description file /pool/condor/dir_47254/glide_bHcUFG/client/description.k6pi5q.cfg.
- Arriving here means that curl completed w/o errors