Two cavity operation at CMTF
- Unable to control cavity 4 parameters – using controller 2 in the control 1 position.
- Stopped and started LV when switched to cavity B.
- Tried connecting to the HWR dev controller in the lab to check this and found the same problems.
- Ran cavity B in CW mode and applied a FF value of 0.5 and looked at the waveform for control out I and Q.
- This displays the constant value for FF I and Q seen by the controller.
- It does not display the entered value for cavity B but the value for cavity A.
#1 Updated by Shrividhyaa Sankar Raman 9 days ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Searched through the firmware files for possible error locations based on the output observed from DACs 1 and 3.
- Checked to make sure the registers being written to are the right registers, by comparing the Debug output from the ARM code, the spreadsheet and the firmware.
- Checked to make sure the right signals were received on the DACs (using the scope) upon changing the values on LabVIEW.
- Noticed value of Magnitude on Cavity A is mimicked by value of Magnitude on Cavity B. This change takes effect only when the phase value is changed.
- TODO:Check to see if this is a LabVIEW issue.
#2 Updated by Shrividhyaa Sankar Raman 9 days ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Labview checked but processing of parameter in question was not made for that parameter but for a derived parameter.
- Checked for callback function of the derived parameter from the spreadsheet.
- Callback parameter CHANGE_cb_CB_ff_magphase converts the Mag and Phase to I and Q.
- Code computed using wrong variable.
- Correction was made and tested with Labview.
- Issue was corrected!