Add init_fragment_count to bookkept parameters in DAQInterface
init_fragment_count should be set to the number of incoming serialized art events to a given process, with the caveat that processes with identical configuration should not be counted separately.Examples:
- For an EventBuilder listening to BoardReaders, it should be zero.
- For an EventBuilder receiving from another EventBuilder using BinaryNetOutput, along with zero or more BoardReaders, it should be zero
- For an EventBuilder receiving from two EventBuilders in the same subsystem using RootNetOutput, it should be 1
- For an EventBuilder receiving from two EventBuilders in one subsystem, a third in a different subsystem, and zero or more BoardReaders, it should be 2
- For a Dispatcher receiving from four DataLoggers, it should be 4
JCF: Issue #24231: smoke-tested version of init_fragment_count bookkeeping, the smoke-test being that I was able to correctly bookkeep the complicated_subsystems example
JCF: add configs specifically meant to test code changes for Issue #24231; please revert before merging into the develop branch
JCF: Issue #24231: make sure init_fragment_count is defined for all downstream artdaq processes in issue24231_test4
#2 Updated by John Freeman about 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Resolved with commit c51a23ea74b0d0bf150b127d3bd4931c7ec6d0fc on the feature/24231_bookkeep_init_fragment_count branch. I created configs for testing the five examples given above, each config with the name "issue24231_testN", N being the number of the test. One exception is test 3 since there's not yet any provision for bookkeeping intra-subsystem EventBuilder-to-EventBuilder sends; if needed, then this should be its own issue. Tests 1,2,4 and 5 looked OK as far as I understand the requirements; the corresponding runs are 3556, 3557, 3559 and 3560 in mu2edaqXX:/home/jcfree/run_records. Just grep for "init_fragment_count" among the FHiCL documents there. One place I may be mistaken is in test 4, where I'm not certain whether the DataLogger and Dispatcher in subsystem 4 are supposed to have init_fragment_count set to 1 or 2 (they share a subsystem with an EventBuilder which has init_fragment_count set to 2).
When we're done with testing this issue, we should remember to remove the issue24231_testN configs from the simple_test_config directory.