Project

General

Profile

Bug #24081

Run Number not seen to be increasing on Status panel

Added by Bruce Howard 6 months ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Start date:
02/21/2020
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Occurs In:
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

We have found that the run number in the status diagram seems not to update if one stops the run, goes back to ready, and then starts a run from there again

History

#1 Updated by Iker de Icaza Astiz 6 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Iker de Icaza Astiz to Esteban Cristaldo
  • Status changed from New to Assigned

Thanks for reporting Bruce.

Esteban this one seems like and easy one, can you please look into it?

#2 Updated by Esteban Cristaldo 5 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 30
  • Status changed from Assigned to Under Discussion

I have found that there is an issue with the "show_recent_runs.sh" script which retrieves the <last N runs> as described in the usage. The issue at hand is that the script does not retrieve the last N runs. The GUI relies on this script to update the Run number in the state diagram.

#3 Updated by Iker de Icaza Astiz 5 months ago

I have opened an issue on daqinterface: Bug #24105

We'll follow up there and once it gets fixed we'll test and close this one.

#4 Updated by Esteban Cristaldo 5 months ago

  • % Done changed from 30 to 100
  • Status changed from Under Discussion to Resolved

In revision acac659a, a header file is added gui_utility_functions.hpp is added where daqInterfaceState::parseRun_number() is moved and used as a non-member function in daqinterfacestate.cpp and xmlrpc_gui_comm.cpp to fetch the current run number. The implemented function replaces the method of retrieving the run number iterating the run_records folder by parsing the output of "show_recent_runs.sh".

#5 Updated by Bruce Howard 5 months ago

Thank you Esteban and Iker! We will keep an eye when we pick up these commits in a future version of artdaq.

#6 Updated by Iker de Icaza Astiz 5 months ago

Your branch seems ok. I've merged to develop now. Once the issue on artdaqinterface is closed and we can test this with a tagged version I'll close this issue.



Also available in: Atom PDF