Project

General

Profile

Feature #23969

Add pygccxml to larsoft

Added by Christopher Backhouse 5 months ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
01/28/2020
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
8.00 h
Experiment:
SBND
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

Could pygcxxml be added to larsoft please?

sbncode already depends on the pygccxml currently installed in /cvmfs/larsoft.opensciencegrid.org/ but to upgrade to SL7 we need v1_9_1a in order to be compatible with the SL7 python.

History

#1 Updated by Lynn Garren 5 months ago

  • Scope deleted (Internal)
  • Project changed from cet-is to LArSoft

In order to add pygccxml to the larsoft distribution, we must make a release with python 3 as well as the existing python 2 build. That may take some time. In the meantime, pygccxml v1_9_1a for p2715a has been installed on the larsoft cvmfs. It will not be added to the larsoft distribution until we have v1_9_1b with both p2715a and p372 support.

#2 Updated by Christopher Backhouse 5 months ago

Thanks! We will try it out and check everything is OK.

#3 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 5 months ago

  • Estimated time set to 8.00 h
  • Assignee set to Christopher Green
  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Co-Assignees Patrick Gartung added

#4 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 5 months ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Under Discussion

Although we are willing to consider adding this to a LArSoft-related distribution, use of CastXML (and friends) creates maintenance and sustainability concerns. We would like to discuss this with the SBND software leaders to better understand the situation.

#5 Updated by Christopher Backhouse 5 months ago

Not sure exactly who needs to be involved. But maybe we can start with Andy Mastbaum.

#6 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 5 months ago

We will setup a meeting to discuss.

#7 Updated by Andrew Mastbaum 4 months ago

I'd be happy to discuss and can reach out to other SBN software folks as well. When would be a good time to meet?

#8 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 4 months ago

We will try to schedule a meeting with you this week. Stay tuned.

#9 Updated by Christopher Backhouse 4 months ago

Any progress on meeting scheduling?

#10 Updated by Christopher Green 4 months ago

Chris, sorry for the delay on this. I am actively working on the new stack now, but Kyle is away until the back end of the week. We will try before the end of the week to schedule a discussion with you.

#11 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 3 months ago

Tentatively scheduled meeting for next Wednesday (3/25) at 10 AM CDT on Zoom: https://fnal.zoom.us/j/6308403638.

#12 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 3 months ago

Just pinging the system with the tentatively scheduled meeting for next Wednesday (3/25) at 10 AM CDT on Zoom: https://fnal.zoom.us/j/6308403638.

#13 Updated by Christopher Backhouse 3 months ago

I'm attending at least. I just poked Andy on slack to check.

#14 Updated by Lynn Garren 3 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from Under Discussion to Resolved

After the meeting, a suitable build of pygccxml was provided by Chris Green and is part of the larsoft distribution as of v08_48_01.

#15 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF