Remove metric aggregation from SharedMemoryEventManager
SharedMemoryEventManager still has metric aggregation built-in that limits its metric reporting to 2 Hz. This is no longer needed, as MetricManager and MetricPlugin now can handle metrics at event rate without slowing the DAQ.
- Assignee set to Eric Flumerfelt
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Implementation on feature/23839_SMEM_RemoveMetricAggregation.
- Related to Support #23918: Investigate CPU usage of DataLogger process at SBN added
I did notice some additonal CPU usage with this feature branch, due to the retrieval of buffer reports from SharedMemoryManager taking longer than expected. Feature #23918 resolves this issue and further reduces cpu usage by the metric system.
- Status changed from Resolved to Reviewed
At the slower rates, I did not notice any additional CPU. I've discussed this with Eric.
I will mark this issue reviewed and go onto 23918.
- Target version set to artdaq v3_07_02
- Status changed from Reviewed to Closed
Also available in: Atom