Project

General

Profile

Bug #23719

Prof builds of art fail to close files in v3_07_00

Added by Eric Flumerfelt 12 months ago. Updated 12 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Urgent
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
12/05/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Experiment:
-
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

Most commonly, they would SIGABRT and leave behind a core file and a RootOutput-<guid>.root file.

Empirically, I found that some combination of
  1. De-registering all of the signal handlers in the signal handler body
  2. Extending graceful_wait_ms in SharedMemoryEventManager from 5000 to 500000

suppressed the problem. For my actual resolution of this issue, I'll make this a configurable parameter and increase the default from 5s.


Related issues

Related to artdaq Demo - Feature #23724: Add test to suite that runs artdaqDriver and verifies outputClosed12/06/2019

History

#1 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt 12 months ago

  • Status changed from Work in progress to Resolved

The main issue with s85 turned out to be that some code had not been brought in properly from art v2_13_00 when creating RootDAQOut-s85. I have also changed SharedMemoryEventManager::ShutdownArtProcesses to use the expected_art_event_processing_time_us configuration variable for its delays. Fixes are on artdaq:bugfix/23719_RootDAQOut_Fix

#2 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt 12 months ago

  • Related to Feature #23724: Add test to suite that runs artdaqDriver and verifies output added

#3 Updated by Ron Rechenmacher 12 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from Resolved to Reviewed

I ran s85 w/o the fix and saw the issue - error in msgview, root-gui file, message from just_do_it saying
it couldn't find a root output file.
Then I ran with the fix and all is well.
I merge bug fix branch into develop.

#4 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt 12 months ago

  • Target version set to artdaq v3_07_01
  • Status changed from Reviewed to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF