Prof builds of art fail to close files in v3_07_00
Most commonly, they would SIGABRT and leave behind a core file and a RootOutput-<guid>.root file.Empirically, I found that some combination of
- De-registering all of the signal handlers in the signal handler body
- Extending graceful_wait_ms in SharedMemoryEventManager from 5000 to 500000
suppressed the problem. For my actual resolution of this issue, I'll make this a configurable parameter and increase the default from 5s.
#1 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Work in progress to Resolved
The main issue with s85 turned out to be that some code had not been brought in properly from art v2_13_00 when creating RootDAQOut-s85. I have also changed SharedMemoryEventManager::ShutdownArtProcesses to use the expected_art_event_processing_time_us configuration variable for its delays. Fixes are on artdaq:bugfix/23719_RootDAQOut_Fix
#3 Updated by Ron Rechenmacher about 2 months ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Reviewed
s85 w/o the fix and saw the issue - error in msgview, root-gui file, message from just_do_it saying
it couldn't find a root output file.
Then I ran with the fix and all is well.
I merge bug fix branch into develop.