WorkFlow for Exemption Requests
Need to design and implement the actual "work-flow" for exemption requests, including involvement by ServiceNow.
Currently, as implemented in TIssue:
1) user requests exemption at https://tissue.fnal.gov/tissue/requestExemption/
2) [persons in ExemptionAdmin role can see the count of open requests on the main TIssue page but do not receive any automated notification]
3) persons in ExemptionAdmin role can approve or deny the request
4) [persons in ExemptionAdmin role can see the count of approved requests ono the main TISsue page but do not receive any automated notification]
5) persons in ExemptionAdmin role can create the exemption
One option: step 1 is augmented to open a service desk ticket with automatic assignment to the appropriate group for approving exemption requests; snow then is the notification agent for step 2. Similarly, step 3 is augmented to create another ticket with automatic assignment to the appropriate group for creating the actual exemption. Depending on how complicated the workflows in ServiceNow are, it might be possible to use the same ticket for both.
Another option would be to remove the entire "request an exemption" part of the TIssue design and have the entire "request" portion of the workflow be handled by ServiceNow. Only the actual creation of exemptions (or extension of existing exemptions) would be persisted inside of TIssue; tissue would not persist the "request" portion of the workflow.