Project

General

Profile

Bug #23445

Warning in run records to determine version of package

Added by Iker de Icaza Astiz about 1 month ago. Updated 27 days ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
Category:
artdaq-daqinterface
Target version:
-
Start date:
10/18/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Experiment:
SBND
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

Starting a run with sbndaq I'm getting the following warning

Warning: there was a problem trying to determine the version of package "artdaqartdaq_coreartdaq_utilitiesicarus_artdaq_basesbndaq_artdaq_coresbndaq_artdaqsbndaq" 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/software/products/artdaq_daqinterface/v3_06_02/rc/control/daqinterface.py", line 1928, in do_config
    self.save_run_record()
  File "/software/products/artdaq_daqinterface/v3_06_02/rc/control/save_run_record.py", line 163, in save_run_record_base
    package_commit_dict[pkgname] = "%s commit/version: %s" % (pkgname, self.package_versions[string.replace(pkgname, "-","_")])
KeyError: 'artdaqartdaq_coreartdaq_utilitiesicarus_artdaq_basesbndaq_artdaq_coresbndaq_artdaqsbndaq'

It doesn't prevent the run from starting, so I don't think is urgent.

Associated revisions

Revision b809b5f5 (diff)
Added by John Freeman about 1 month ago

JCF: Issue #23445: allow for underscores AND hyphens when looking for GetPackageBuildInfo.cc after Iker's observation

History

#1 Updated by John Freeman about 1 month ago

DAQInterface appears to be looking for a package called "artdaqartdaq_coreartdaq_utilitiesicarus_artdaq_basesbndaq_artdaq_coresbndaq_artdaqsbndaq". I looked at the copy of the settings file used there, sbnd-daq33:/run_records/1890/settings.txt, and what I see is:

package_hashes_to_save: [ artdaq artdaq_core artdaq_utilities icarus_artdaq_base sbndaq_artdaq_core sbndaq_artdaq sbndaq ]

However, as described in the DAQInterface Manual at https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/artdaq-utilities/wiki/Daqinterface_settings_file_reference_, DAQInterface expects the package names to be separated by commas rather than spaces. In order for the package version information to be saved in the run record, in $DAQINTERFACE_SETTINGS you'd want to replace the above line with
package_hashes_to_save: [ artdaq, artdaq_core, artdaq_utilities, icarus_artdaq_base, sbndaq_artdaq_core, sbndaq_artdaq, sbndaq ]

#2 Updated by Iker de Icaza Astiz about 1 month ago

Thanks for the quick response. That does solve the issues.

I'm experiencing something related to that

Unable to find hoped-for artdaq_core BuildInfo file /software/products/artdaq_core/v3_05_07/source/artdaq_core/BuildInfo/GetPackageBuildInfo.cc, will not be able to save build info for artdaq_core in the run record
Unable to find hoped-for artdaq_utilities BuildInfo file /software/products/artdaq_utilities/v1_05_02/source/artdaq_utilities/BuildInfo/GetPackageBuildInfo.cc, will not be able to save build info for artdaq_utilities in the run record
Unable to find hoped-for sbndaq_artdaq_core BuildInfo file /home/nfs/icaza/work/sbndaq/localProducts_sbndaq_v0_03_00_e17_prof_s82/sbndaq_artdaq_core/v0_03_00/source/sbndaq_artdaq_core/BuildInfo/GetPackageBuildInfo.cc, will not be able to save build info for sbndaq_artdaq_core in the run record
Unable to find hoped-for sbndaq_artdaq BuildInfo file /home/nfs/icaza/work/sbndaq/localProducts_sbndaq_v0_03_00_e17_prof_s82/sbndaq_artdaq/v0_03_00/source/sbndaq_artdaq/BuildInfo/GetPackageBuildInfo.cc, will not be able to save build info for sbndaq_artdaq in the run record

The file

/home/nfs/icaza/work/sbndaq/localProducts_sbndaq_v0_03_00_e17_prof_s82/sbndaq_artdaq/v0_03_00/source/sbndaq-artdaq/BuildInfo/GetPackageBuildInfo.cc

does exist. Note the hyphen instead of underscore: .../sbndaq_artdaq/v0_03_00/source/sbndaq-artdaq/...

#3 Updated by John Freeman about 1 month ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from New to Resolved

I've added logic via commit b809b5f5eca2dfe4f64f0a6f89817f96c96af5cc on the develop branch so DAQInterface will notice when there's a hyphen in the full path to GetPackageBuildInfo.cc.

#4 Updated by John Freeman 27 days ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Iker's looked into the change I made with commit b809b5f5eca2dfe4f64f0a6f89817f96c96af5cc and is satisfied.



Also available in: Atom PDF