Singularity check failing on RHEL6 machines
The jobs of the "gpu" group use the OSG-ITB factory that was updated at the end of last week. Singularity jobs stopped to work at UNL and Syracuse.
The test used for singularity changed and is not working correctly on RHEL6 nodes (nodes w/ kernel < v3.5 that provide no uid_map files, e.g. /proc/self/uid_map).
We were under the impression that singularity was adding this also when not present but that is incorrect.
#1 Updated by Marco Mambelli 3 months ago
- Assignee changed from Marco Mambelli to Marco Mascheroni
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- File singularity_lib.sh singularity_lib.sh added
- fixed singularity test to check also SINGULARITY_CONTAINER to understand if singularity works
- changed the test order: try to use first the OSG singularity (in CVMFS) and only later the one in $PATH
You can patch v3.4, v3.5 or v3.6 factories by replacing /var/lib/gwms-factory/web-base/singularity_lib.sh with the attached one.