Clear LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH in singularity and update to new OSG wrapper included features
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH could have paths from the base OS that cause trouble after the singularity invocation if the image OS is different.
Should these be initialized to something?
Is singularity invoking .bashrc or .profile in the new image?
#1 Updated by Marco Mambelli 10 months ago
- Assignee changed from Marco Mambelli to Marco Mascheroni
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Subject changed from Clear LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH in singularity to Clear LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH in singularity and update to new OSG wrapper included features
LD_LIBRARY_PATH from the outside environment should not be inside.
Resetting also PATH.
- .singularity.startup-ok lines not considered
- 20 min sleep when image not found not considered
- ddavila 20190510: If condor_chirp is present, then copy it inside the container. not considered. It could be for a different OS!
- singularity failure broadcasted differently (but added chirp)
changes in v34/23350
#2 Updated by Marco Mambelli 10 months ago
- changes to the OSG wrapper: https://github.com/opensciencegrid/osg-flock/commit/a09ac392fcd1e8f57184a78259e97d399c7e5399#diff-b6fa81fd60de902a3dd5df4496fcda27
- singularity tickets (it has been going back and forth about removing path and ld_library_path: