Project

General

Profile

Bug #23068

DAQInterface should support multiple products areas in its settings file

Added by John Freeman about 2 months ago. Updated about 2 months ago.

Status:
Reviewed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
08/06/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Experiment:
-
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

Currently, DAQInterface requires that xmlrpc_c, fhiclcpp and root can all be set up after source-ing a single products directory, described with the "productsdir_for_bash_scripts" variable in the DAQInterface settings file ($DAQINTERFACE_SETTINGS). However, as recent quick-mrb-start.sh experience has demonstrated, this isn't always the case - e.g., a recent artdaq-demo install had xmlrpc_c installed in a local products subdirectory, but the gcc it relied on installed on cvmfs. DAQInterface should support scenarios where you need multiple products directories to set up xmlrpc_c, etc.

History

#1 Updated by John Freeman about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

This issue was resolved by Ron, using branch feature/23043_multiple_products_and_setup_param, and reviewed by me. In a nutshell:

The installation which used xmlrpc_c in its local ./products subdirectory but the gcc in cvmfs is ~jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00 on the mu2edaq cluster. While ~jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00/artdaq-utilities-daqinterface was on its develop branch, if I tried running just_do_it.sh out of ~jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00/DAQInterface, I'd get the following:

Checking that the DAQ is in the "stopped" state...Error encountered when setting up product: xmlrpc_c
ERROR: Action parsing failed on "unsetuprequired(gcc v6_4_0)" 
WARNING: Unsetup of xmlrpc_c failed, continuing with setup
ERROR: Found no match for product 'gcc'
ERROR: Action parsing failed on "setupRequired( gcc v6_4_0 )" 
Unable to set up any of the versions of xmlrpc_c found in /home/jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00/products
Problem attempting to setup xmlrpc_c package
DAQ does not appear to be in the "stopped" state, exiting...

When I went into the git repo and checked out Ron's branch, feature/23043_multiple_products_and_setup_param, and then edited $DAQINTERFACE_SETTINGS so that I changed the line which quick-mrb-start.sh had created,
productsdir_for_bash_scripts: /home/jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00/products

to
productsdir_for_bash_scripts: /home/jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00/products:/cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq

then killed and restarted DAQInterface, and then ran just_do_it.sh again, things worked out fine. The run record of the successful test (temporary, since someday I'll blow away /home/jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00) is /home/jcfree/artdaq-demo_v3_06_00/run_records/1.

#2 Updated by John Freeman about 2 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from Resolved to Reviewed


Also available in: Atom PDF