Observations from attempting to install and run the artdaq_demo v3_6_0
I realize that we still may be testing the v3_06_00 version of artdaq and the artdaq-demo, but I wanted to note several observations from trying to install and run the demo on different platforms.
The spurious XMLRPC messages are still there (separately reported in Issue #22753).On the ICARUS VST computer (vst01), the default install of the demo seems to get the wrong value for productsdir_for_bash_scripts in the DAQInterface/settings_example file. It is set to /home/nfs/biery/ebrestartDemo/products when a better value might be /software/products. This was noticed when DAQInterface complained about not being able to find a fhiclcpp UPS product in /home/nfs/biery/ebrestartDemo/products. Should I file an Issue for this?
When I changed that value, then I ran into the problem that the routing multicast messages are not getting through. I tried changing the RoutingMaster hostname to 192.168.184.103 in mediumsystem_with_routing_master/boot.txt, but there were still problems with receiving ACKs from routing table updates. I need to go back to my notes in Issue #21769 to see what other things to try, but it seems like we need to figure this out so that it works more reliably.
For reference, here is the 'run_demo' command that I used:
- sh ./run_demo.sh --config mediumsystem_with_routing_master --bootfile `pwd`/artdaq-utilities-daqinterface/simple_test_config/mediumsystem_with_routing_master/boot.txt --comps component01 component02 component03 component04 component05 component06 component07 component08 component09 component10 --runduration 40 --partition 5 --no_om
Similar problems with the routing multicasts on sbnd-daq34.