Increase use of HTCondor Python bindings and add them as requirement
Some modules like lib/condorMonitor.py use HTCondor python bindings if available and fall back to HTCondor clients (invoked and w/ output parsed) if the bindings are not available.
This ticket covers multiple tasks:
1. add the HTCondor python bindings as a requirement (check which bindings are needed)
2. eliminate the fall-back to HTC clients where the bindings are used (e.g. status and job queries)
3. increase if possible the use of bindings (e.g. for advertising)
4. improve the logging and troubleshooting messages to troubleshoot the HTCondor problems (currently the client use is better logged and easier to troubleshoot)
This suggestion came out in the June group code review
Discuss this in the July group code review
#3 Updated by Lorena Lobato Pardavila 5 months ago
Updates after the code review of 08/20, we have mostly :
- Enabled HTCondor python bindings as a requirement
- Added TODO to replace functions using python bindings - still work to do
- Added Google docstring to improve the functions definition
Changes are done in review20190820 (Details: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/glideinwms/wiki/Code_Review_Meeting_Notes#August-20-2019)
TODO: Investigate and fix subtask #23176: unit test failures after changing to python htcondor bindings.