Complete motor control stations 107 and 118 at NML.
Need to finalize these details to make 107 and 118 operational:
Extended text for Basic Status should be the same for
118HPas it is for
118VP, but they're different.
Use green "YES" and red "NO" for text associated with limit switch status Remove "Home Limit" status. Bits 0, 1, and 5 depend upon which stepper controller is being used.
Add position devices for 118. Mike Coburn has provided a spreadsheet showing which analog channels should be used.
- Need to calculate scaling by measuring the movement of each assembly.
- Add rotation devices for 118.
N:MTR00Pbe renamed to
N:X107CP? And the other station 107 devices, too?
The bits for positive and negative limits, in 118VP, are reversed. Remove "n" and "p" status for rotational devices (
N:MTR03R) since there aren't limits for them.
- Make sure anti-collision is enabled and working for both stations.
#4 Updated by Richard Neswold over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
Added N:X118HC and N:X118VC. Updated the N14 Parameter Page to include them. Note that the scaling for these devices is invalid! We need to go out and move the assembly from limit to limit in order to determine the scaling parameters.
I also renamed
N:X107VC and updated the parameter page accordingly.
#5 Updated by Richard Neswold over 1 year ago
Added code to the driver to prevent collisions (ip-sm8601:69c69571).
This code performs two tests when a setting tries to move a motor's payload into the beam:
- It checks to see that all associated motors opened their positive limit switch (i.e. their payload is out of the beamline.) If the positive limit isn't active for one associated motor, the driver returns
- If the position limit indicates it's out of the beamline, the driver then checks to make sure the other motor doesn't have a negative step loaded into it. This extra check is necessary because computers are much, much faster than stepper motors and it's possible that two motor settings are being applied. The computer could easily load negative steps in both motor controllers before the either positive limit switch indicates motion.
The front-end's startup script needs to be modified to enable this feature. Then it needs to be rebooted and, lastly, tested.