Update documentation about ports requirement for Frontend's submit host
Starting 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 all the daemons on the Frontend machine migrated to using the shared port daemon.
To preserve the port number used by the collector (contacted by the glideins) we decided to use 9618.
Hosts with the Frontend and user collector will have that port already open.
Standalone submit hosts may have only port 9615 open, the previous shared port port.
A warning should be added to the release note about the change in port for hosts with only the submit host.
And the documentation should be updated as well, both the OSG frontend install document and the glideinwms.fnal.gov documents
#1 Updated by Lorena Lobato Pardavila about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Lorena Lobato Pardavila to Marco Mambelli
- Changes related, in GlideinWMS documentation: v34/21631
- Changes related, in OSG documentation: In llobato/docs repository. Branch: llobato_frontend. Document: docs/other/install-gwms-frontend.md
#6 Updated by Lorena Lobato Pardavila about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Changes in OSG documentation merged into master: https://github.com/opensciencegrid/docs/pull/487
For the record: I will create another pull request in OSG documentation with changes to give instructions about how to use shared_port in the collectors and the CCBs.