Run a shell linter on bash scripts and add unit tests
There are shell linters like shellcheck that could improve the quality of the shell scripts.
Shell scripts could have unit tests too, see Bats for a framework.
- BATS: TAP compliant, concise
- ShellSpec: seems complete, more descriptive language, BDD style unit testing, coverage w/ kcov
- shunit2: google project, many contributors, similar to jUnit
- bash-spec: seems incomplete, 1 man project
- assert.sh: assert functions, small project
- shelltestrunner: different syntax, not updated
Infos about testing: