Project

General

Profile

Feature #20882

Remove ROOT libraries from artdaq Executables

Added by Eric Flumerfelt over 1 year ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Low
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
09/19/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Experiment:
-
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

Some ROOT things were being loaded because artdaq executables such as EventBuilderMain were linking against ROOT libraries. These link dependencies have been removed in feature/NoRootInArtdaqApplications.

History

#1 Updated by John Freeman 4 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from Resolved to Reviewed

I consider this issue reviewed. After merging develop into feature/NoRootInArtdaqApplications, I had to add a commit onto the feature branch which changed a couple of lines of code to recapture what was done in what appears to be the primary commit for this issue, 6eed1e490ccf72cee22a293b759148d080ce09d5. However, with this added commit, artdaq builds and runs, and I've confirmed that whereas if I do the following:

for proc in $( which artdaq ) $( which boardreader ) $( which eventbuilder ) $( which datalogger ) $( which dispatcher ) $( which routing_master ) ; do ldd $proc | grep -i root ; done

in an artdaq-demo development area which uses artdaq's develop branch, I see the following:
    libCore.so => /cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq/root/v6_12_06a/Linux64bit+3.10-2.17-e15-prof/lib/libCore.so (0x00007f4676461000)
    libCore.so => /cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq/root/v6_12_06a/Linux64bit+3.10-2.17-e15-prof/lib/libCore.so (0x00007fdad2872000)
    libCore.so => /cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq/root/v6_12_06a/Linux64bit+3.10-2.17-e15-prof/lib/libCore.so (0x00007f3160b14000)
    libCore.so => /cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq/root/v6_12_06a/Linux64bit+3.10-2.17-e15-prof/lib/libCore.so (0x00007f02c9cac000)
    libCore.so => /cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq/root/v6_12_06a/Linux64bit+3.10-2.17-e15-prof/lib/libCore.so (0x00007f3e607a3000)
    libCore.so => /cvmfs/fermilab.opensciencegrid.org/products/artdaq/root/v6_12_06a/Linux64bit+3.10-2.17-e15-prof/lib/libCore.so (0x00007fd1c7896000)

then if I do the same command in an artdaq-demo development area whose artdaq uses the current head of feature/NoRootInArtdaqApplications, there's no output.

I'm leaving the merging of the feature branch into develop up to Eric, just so he can double check that he's satisfied with the code changes I made to the feature branch.

#2 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt 3 months ago

  • Target version set to artdaq v3_07_00
  • Status changed from Reviewed to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF