Project

General

Profile

Bug #19657

Multiple fileName parameter definitions in a RootOutput FHiCL block were being accidentally un-commented

Added by Kurt Biery over 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
04/11/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Experiment:
-
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

In testing new configuration files in simple_test_configs/config_includes, I noticed that the following FHiCL block:

rootDiskOutput: {
module_type: RootOutput
fileName: "/tmp/artdaqdemo_r%06r_sr%02s_%to_%#.root"
#fileName: /tmp/artdaqdemo_r%06r_sr%02s_%to_%#.root
#fileName: /tmp/artdaqdemo_r%06r_sr%02s_%to_%#.root
fileProperties: { maxSubRuns: 1 maxRuns: 1 }
fastCloning: false
compressionLevel: 3
}

was being changed to the following

rootDiskOutput: {
module_type: RootOutput
fileName: "/home/biery/artdaqDemo/daqdata/artdaqdemo_r%06r_sr%02s_%to_%#.root"
fileName: /home/biery/artdaqDemo/daqdata/artdaqdemo_r%06r_sr%02s_%to_%#.root
fileName: /home/biery/artdaqDemo/daqdata/artdaqdemo_r%06r_sr%02s_%to_%#.root
fileProperties: { maxSubRuns: 1 maxRuns: 1 }
fastCloning: false
compressionLevel: 3
}

The disappearance of the comment character in the second and third fileName lines was causing problems.

I fixed this by modifying bookkeeping.py so that it took into account the text before the "fileName:" substring.

The modified source file has been committed to the feature/kurt_april2018 branch.

History

#1 Updated by John Freeman about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Kurt handled this with commit bd90d7b021f8d7564a9948952f4cfcc452fc9173 on the feature/kurt_april2018 branch, which was merged into the develop branch this past spring and was therefore subsequently deleted.



Also available in: Atom PDF