artdaqDriver splits output data into two files; not sure why
To help with testing disk rate performance, we have created artdaq-demo/tools/fcl/DemoDriverNoDisk.fcl and DemoDriverWithDisk.fcl. These can be run from an artdaq-demo installation using 'artdaqDriver -c <path>/DemoDriverNoDisk.fcl' after running setupARTDAQDEMO.
To test artdaq-v3-related changes to scripts, I tested them on mu2edaq01. Admittedly, this computer does not have very fast disks, and the "WithDisk" test takes noticeably longer than the "NoDisk" one.
Eric has already made changes to SharedMemoryEventManager to allow the draining of the pipeline in cases like the WithDisk test in which the rate of creation of events is much higher than the rate of writing them out.
Something that I noticed is that there are two data files created by the current version of DemoDriverWithDisk.fcl. 90 of the requested 100 events go into the first file, and 10 of them go into the second file. The SMEM buffer count is set to 10, and I wonder if those two values of 10 are correlated.
This is not a high priority, but it is probably worth investigating in case this behavior gives us some insight into the running of full artdaq systems.