unit test test_glideFactoryDowntimeLib.py failing
Since a couple of days 2 tests within test_glideFactoryDowntimeLib.py have been failing.
No code changed in this library in a long time (years).
Looking at the code it seems the problem is related to the switch from CDT to CST which is why it became visible now.
#1 Updated by Marco Mambelli about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Marco Mambelli to Dennis Box
- Priority changed from Normal to High
changes in v3/18179
Still not handling some corner cases (times in the past with DST temporary rules switched during the year) but a better solution would be much more complex (using time zone libraries directly) and this is good enough for downtimes, that will be in the future
- time.daylight tells only if the computer support daylight saving time,
- tm_isdst must be checked to see if it is in effect at time t
- Some corner cases (changes in standard) are still uncovered, see https://bugs.python.org/issue1647654
- See also https://bugs.python.org/issue7229 for an improved explanation of the Python manual wording