Milestone #17920: Vectorization of LArSoft Code
Check with Gianluca and Soon on how to profile LArSoft
#1 Updated by Guilherme Lima about 3 years ago
Since Soon has posted LArSoft profiling results <a href="http://g4cpt.fnal.gov/LArSoft.html">here</a>, I could use those as baseline, if comparing to same LArSoft version.
In particular, the profiling of <a href="https://g4cpt.fnal.gov/larsoft/dunetpc_v06_57_00/hpctoolkit/proton-6GeV/lar-protoDune-proton-6GeV-detsim-cpu.html">detsim jobs</a> show significant exclusive CPU time spent as shown below:
- 9.9% IdealAdcSimulator::count()
- 9.8% Legacy35tZeroSuppressService::filter()
- 6.7% ExponentialChannelNoiseService::addNoise()
- 5.8% SimWireDUNE::produce()
- 4.1% AdcCodeHelper::subtract()
These are the first candidates to be investigated for vectorization opportunities.