FHiCL numerical parameters truncated by DB!
Following from bugs 17403 and 17416, I discovered that large numerical values (ones that won't fit in a signed integer?) are actually truncated on import to the DB. For example, when the FHiCL:
is imported to the DB and then re-exported, the resulting snippet is changed to the following:
This was observed on the CERN test stand for protoDUNE.
Opened a new feature request (Feature #17448) with the fhicl-cpp library developers.
As as an interim solution, all hex numbers can be stored with the "hex" prefix, so they are interpreted as string values by the database library.
e.g. 0xffff becomes hex0xffff
- Related to Bug #17403: Undesirable conversion of +ve integer to -ve in FHiCL array parameter added
- Related to Bug #17416: Conversion of hex values to decimal on database check-in added
- Related to Feature #17448: Add the raw_value member to fhicl::extended_value added
- Status changed from New to Work in progress
- Status changed from Work in progress to Resolved
Also available in: Atom