The natural candidate is the most used one (to my knowledge,
#2 Updated by Robert Sulej about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Adapt a hit finding algorithm and module to support a generic drift direction. to Adapt a hit finding algorithm and module to support asymmetric pulses in not-deconvoluted waveforms
- Assignee changed from Robert Sulej to Christoph Alt
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
I modify the subject. Christoph checked that there is no code dependent on the drift direction in the hit finder. Instead we are using gauss hit finder code to develop algorithm finding and fitting hits in the raw waveform, with no devonvolution applied. There are three parts of this task:
- implement hit fitting procedure using gauss hit finder logic, possibly improve it using ideas we have developed for Icarus; this is ongoing
- save resulting parameters of asymmetric fit function to the art::Event; done, to be discussed with LArSoft team / community;
- read the fit parameters in the event display and plot fitted hits over the waveform; started.
I change assignee to Christoph, he is doing most of this work.
#3 Updated by Christoph Alt over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 30 to 100
This is also done.
The "DPRawHitFinder" module finds and fits asymmetric dual phase hits. It lives in larreco: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/larreco/repository/revisions/develop/entry/larreco/HitFinder/DPRawHitFinder_module.cc
The resulting parameters of the asymmetric fit function are saved to the art::Event and read in by the event displayed, see my presentation at the LArSoft coordination meeting: https://indico.fnal.gov/event/14645/contribution/4/material/slides/0.pdf
I close this ticket.