Milestone #15372: art multi-threading phase 1
Modify messagefacility for thread-safe usage
Configuration process limited to before the framework starts multi-threaded processing.
#5 Updated by Christopher Green over 3 years ago
- Category set to Infrastructure
- SSI Package messagefacility added
Carried out some analysis of existing code and CMS equivalent, and ascertained a way forward:
- Remove unneeded flexibility (no-longer-applicable Presences and related code).
- Port ThreadSafeMSPresence and related from CMS.
- Survey for other issues.
#7 Updated by Christopher Green over 3 years ago
- Target version set to 3.00.00
Work was carried out by reviewing art suite and CMS changes post-fork and evaluating changes on their merits in order to maximize the applicability of CMS multi-threading improvements and overlap with art.
Several CMS changes related to signals/slots for muilti-threaded operation were omitted from this work: they should be carefully reviewed for further necessary changes to messagefacility and the related message-context-setting system within art.