Project

General

Profile

Bug #15336

artdaq-demo fails to perform second run

Added by John Freeman about 3 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Known Issues
Target version:
Start date:
01/26/2017
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Experiment:
Co-Assignees:
Duration:

Description

If I install artdaq-demo on mu2edaq01 via "./quick-mrb-start.sh --run-demo --viewer" - which as of this date means if I install artdaq-demo v2_09_00 - then after installation, I find that I can't perform an init-start-stop-start-stop running a 2x2x2 system. In other words, if in one terminal I do this (relative to the base directory):

. setupARTDAQDEMO
start2x2x2System.sh

and then in another terminal do this:

. setupARTDAQDEMO
manage2x2x2System.sh init
manage2x2x2System.sh -N 101 start
manage2x2x2System.sh stop
manage2x2x2System.sh -N 102 start

then I start to get eventbuilder warnings like so:
Unable to process fragment 0 in event 40 because of back-pressure - retrying...

I'm not sure whether this can be changed by a simple tweak to the FHiCL produced by DemoControl and the functions it calls, or if there's a code-level issue which needs to be addressed.

History

#1 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt almost 3 years ago

  • Category set to Known Issues
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee set to Eric Flumerfelt

This appeared to have been caused by contention between the old and new ways of closing files at run/subrun boundaries. artdaq-demo is now configured by default to use the art file-closing system, which apparently does not like having the input stream close. NetMonOutput had been set up to close the input stream at run/subrun boundaries, which in turn caused the art thread to die prematurely. This code has been removed from NetMonOutput, and the desired file closing behavior has been observed.

There is one caveat, however: the current system does not respect maxSubRuns > 1 or maxRuns > 1, instead creating files for each run unit.

#2 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt almost 3 years ago

  • Project changed from artdaq Demo to artdaq
  • Category changed from Known Issues to Known Issues

Upgrading issue to artdaq, as that's where the problem was actually occurring.

#3 Updated by Eric Flumerfelt almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Target version set to v2_01_00


Also available in: Atom PDF