New driver: setting forwarder
This is a request to add a new standard driver to the Erlang framework.
The driver is a "setting distributer" (i.e. any setting it receives is sent to N receivers.)
- Each instance will have a configuration specified in the front-end
- The configuration will be a list of targets (both remote and local) to receive the setting.
- The driver will use request/reply to send the setting to remote targets to obtain a status whether the setting succeeded.
- The driver will send to all remote targets before setting a local driver.
- All targets must have the same data format (max size, atomic size.)
- The driver will cache its setting so that reading-of-setting works.
- The driver will reject USM settings (which are, typically, sent when "knobbing" -- since this driver forwards settings over the network, we shouldn't allow knobbing.)