Project

General

Profile

Feature #12751

Allow specification of completion requrimrents

Added by Marc Mengel over 4 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Target version:
Start date:
05/23/2016
Due date:
12/31/2016
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Scope:
Internal
Experiment:
-
Stakeholders:
Duration: 223

Description

We need to specify when tasks are "really finished", that is, a dependant task can launch; we count it as done, etc.

I think this probably needs yet another table-of choices with a description and possibly a threshold.
(i.e "output_files_declared" 95%, or "jobs completed" 100%, etc.)

History

#1 Updated by Marc Mengel about 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from v1_0_0 to v1_1_0

Deferring this to v1_0_1, as it still needs design work.

#2 Updated by Anna Mazzacane almost 4 years ago

  • Due date set to 12/31/2016

#3 Updated by Marc Mengel almost 4 years ago

So a Modest Proposal for this: we add to the Campaign (Layer) two fields: completion_type and completion_threshold; the former needs a vocabulary table to pick from, something like
jobs_completed
jobs_located
files_consumed
and the second is a percentage. We would default existing ones to the current internal one which is jobs_located at 90%. We would need to add this to the edit page, of course.

#4 Updated by Marc Mengel almost 4 years ago

Oh, and besides the above, we should add a %successful to have us be considered successful vs failed.

#5 Updated by Stephen White over 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Stephen White to Marc Mengel
  • % Done changed from 0 to 40

Fields have been added to the database.

#6 Updated by Stephen White over 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Marc Mengel to Margherita Vittone Wiersma

#7 Updated by Marc Mengel over 3 years ago

I added code in 7f2b19575922e09 to use the database code for this to decide when Tasks go to state:"Located"

#8 Updated by Marc Mengel over 3 years ago

  • % Done changed from 40 to 60

#9 Updated by Anna Mazzacane over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Work in progress

#10 Updated by Stephen White over 3 years ago

The database changes are complete, Margherita will complete the form changes, Marc is doing the internals work.

#11 Updated by Margherita Vittone Wiersma over 3 years ago

  • % Done changed from 60 to 70

Made changes in campaign_edit.html and POMSCampaign.py to add the two new fields for completion.
Testing under way in my development instance.

#12 Updated by Margherita Vittone Wiersma over 3 years ago

  • % Done changed from 70 to 80

Changes are done and tested in my own instance.

#13 Updated by Margherita Vittone Wiersma over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Work in progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 80 to 100

Changes have been pushed to remote master.

#14 Updated by Marc Mengel over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF