sam_metadata_dumper seg faults and hangs on non-art root files
Some Nova production scripts inadvertently tried to run sam_metadata_dumper on non-art root files. Rather then ending with an error, sam_metadata_dumper segfaulted but did not exit, which caused our grid jobs to hang mysteriously for extended periods of time. In this circumstances the program should end with an error message and a non-zero error code.
Here is an example file on which sam_metadata_dumper crashed:
- Status changed from New to Accepted
We will adjust the implementation to produce an error message and emit a non-zero exit code should a non-art ROOT file be an argument to
More specifically, we will address the issue you have brought up. However, we do not understand how a segmentation violation (return code 128+
SIGSEGV) can result in a process hanging. How does your wrapper script handle such a return code?
- Category set to Application
- Status changed from Accepted to Resolved
- Assignee set to Kyle Knoepfel
- SSI Package art added
- SSI Package deleted (
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Target version set to 2.00.01
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom